Your building's passive extinguishing system
A smoke extraction system helps to remove smoke, heat, and toxic gases from a building during a fire. The system prevents the temperature from rising and smoke from spreading.
We at Forus have qualified security and fire protection system installers who design and install smoke extraction systems, ensuring a reliable solution. By installing the system, you will keep the emergency evacuation routes and exits free of smoke, ensure safer extinguishing and rescue operations, mitigate smoke damage, and reduce heat in the building during a fire. It also limits the spread of a fire; in other words, a smoke extraction system could be called a passive extinguishing system.
What types of buildings would benefit from smoke extraction systems?
- Public buildings (offices, service areas) – obligatory
- Shopping centres
- Schools and kindergartens
- Industrial premises and warehouses
- Stairwells of apartment buildings, etc.
What is included in a smoke extraction system?
Natural smoke removal is provided by smoke extraction hatches that are usually installed on the roof or upper part of a building, and in the case of a more complex building, with forced ventilation. In an enclosed space, heat and smoke rise up to the ceiling and then spread along the ceiling during a fire.
A smoke extraction system consists of a smoke hatch relying on natural ventilation, an engine that opens and closes it, sensors, and a CPU and switches that control the engines. If necessary, special extraction ventilators can be installed in or in front of the hatches.
If an alarm button is activated, the fully automatic system opens windows and hatches according to a preconfigured pattern. We can add a battery to the system that ensures its operation during a power outage.
Why partner with Forus?
- We can build a solution tailored to your building – for us, it is like creating a bespoke suit.
- Many years of experience in designing safety systems.
- We are familiar with various types of buildings – we know what works and what does not.
- We issue a warranty for the devices.
- Design, installation, and subsequent maintenance from the same provider.
- We operate all across Estonia.